Are you ready to embark on an angler’s paradise, where stunning landscapes meet thrilling fishing adventures? Look no further than the 2023-2024 Snowy Trout Challenge. This annual event in it’s 4th year, promises to be bigger, better, and more exciting than ever before. If you’re a fishing enthusiast or just looking for an unforgettable outdoor experience, this is your chance to cast your line into the heart of Australia’s Snowy Mountains.
Discover the Snowy Mountains
The Snowy Mountains, with their majestic peaks and pristine lakes, have long been a magnet for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Home to some of the country’s most spectacular landscapes, this region offers much more than just great fishing. Whether you’re a seasoned angler or a novice looking to try something new, the Snowy Mountains have something to offer.
The Snowy Trout Challenge Experience
The Snowy Trout Challenge is more than just a fishing challenge; it’s a celebration of nature, community, and the thrill of the catch. Here’s what you can expect:
- Prize-Winning Chances: The heart of the challenge lies in catching tagged rainbow trout, generously released by the Gaden Trout Hatchery in collaboration with the Snowy Trout Challenge Team. These beauties aren’t just any fish; they’re your ticket to exciting prizes.
- Stunning Locations: Picture yourself on the shores of Lake Eucumbene, Lake Jindabyne, or Lake Crackenback, surrounded by towering mountains and clear blue waters. These picturesque locations set the stage for your fishing adventure.
- Community Spirit: The Snowy Trout Challenge brings together anglers and nature lovers from all walks of life. It’s a chance to connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for fishing and the great outdoors.
- Cash Prizes: Besides the thrill of the catch, there are substantial cash prizes up for grabs. It’s not just about the challenge; it’s about the excitement of possibly reeling in a cash prized fish.
- Conservation Efforts: The challenge promotes responsible fishing and environmental stewardship. Participants are encouraged to catch and release, ensuring these stunning trout continue to thrive in their natural habitat.
- Supporting Local Communities: Your participation in the Snowy Trout Challenge contributes to the local economy. Anglers and their families often stay in the region, enjoying local hospitality and activities.
Join the Snowy Trout Challenge
Whether you’re a fishing pro or new to the sport, the Snowy Trout Challenge is your opportunity to connect with nature, challenge your angling skills, and make lasting memories. It’s a chance to explore one of Australia’s most breathtaking regions while indulging in your passion for fishing.
So, book your holiday house and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime. The 2023-2024 Snowy Trout Challenge is upon us until April 2024, waiting to whisk you away into a world of fishing, fun, and natural beauty.
Head to the Snowy Mountains Magazine or https://linktr.ee/snowytroutchallenge/ for updates, registration details, and exciting news about this year’s event. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this incredible fishing experience in the heart of the Snowy Mountains. Get ready to cast off into an adventure you’ll treasure forever.
Calling all Snowy Mountains business enthusiasts! October brings with it Small Business Month 2023, and the Jindabyne Chamber of Commerce has something special in store for you. We’re excited to introduce not one but two transformative workshops designed to empower local businesses in the pursuit of success.
Morning Session: “Building a Resilient Workforce for Small Businesses” with Jessica Vlaskic
Local businesses in the Snowy Mountains face unique challenges when it comes to attracting and retaining skilled staff, especially with the intense competition for seasonal workers. That’s why we’ve curated the morning session, “Building a Resilient Workforce for Small Businesses,” led by the exceptional Jessica Vlaskic.
Jessica brings a wealth of experience in human resources, recruitment, and business management. Her commitment to excellence and track record of driving organisational success make her the perfect guide for navigating the staffing hurdles that small businesses often encounter.
What to Expect in Jessica’s Workshop
In this engaging workshop, you’ll explore:
- Effective Recruitment Strategies: Learn the art of attracting and selecting top-tier talent for your business. Discover how to craft compelling job advertisements, conduct efficient interviews, and make informed decisions that align with your company’s culture and values.
- Fostering Employee Growth and Development: Dive into the world of creating a positive work environment that encourages loyalty and commitment among your staff. You’ll gain insights into designing personalised professional development plans for your team members, enhancing productivity and job satisfaction.
Afternoon Session: “BRANDING – EYE HEART MIND” with Simon Blazey
Now, let’s fast forward to the afternoon, where we switch gears to explore the fascinating world of branding with our local design guru and senior lecturer, Simon Blazey of Rockerfella Industries. Simon is no stranger to the art of branding, having worked with some of Australia’s most renowned brands and creative minds.
What to Expect in Simon’s Workshop
In Simon’s captivating seminar, you’ll delve into:
- The Art of Consumption: Explore the psychology behind our consumption choices and the subconscious cues that influence our decisions.
- Cracking the Brand Code: Delve into the world of subliminal messaging and learn how brands communicate visually.
- Professional vs. Amateur Branding: Understand the value of professional branding and how to spot amateurish attempts.
- Product vs. Brand: Discover the crucial distinction between a product and a brand.
- Connecting with Humans: Explore how brands build lasting connections with consumers on a human level.
- Reviving a Brand: Learn the art of revitalising a brand when it needs a fresh start.
- Marketing Wisdom: Gain insights into the real cost of marketing and the power of product quality.
- Motivating Factors: Uncover the one thing that truly motivates people to take action.
- Love Marks: Dive into case studies of beloved brands like Star Wars, Apple, Nike, and Oakley to understand the concept of love marks.
Brand Auditing and More
Simon will also guide you through the essential elements of brand auditing, including aesthetics, messaging, nuance, fidelity, and the crucial distinction between fashion and style for long-term success.
A Dual Workshop Experience for Success
These workshops are more than just learning; they’re a transformative experience. Jessica and Simon bring their unique expertise to help you tackle staffing challenges and master the art of branding, empowering your business for success.
Full Day Ticket Option
For the full experience, grab the $50 FULL DAY ticket option, which includes both workshops and a $25 meal voucher for lunch at the Jindabyne Bowling Club (12pm-1pm).
These workshops are made possible and subsidised by the NSW Government as part of Small Business Month 2023.
Don’t miss this golden opportunity to unlock the secrets of success and empower your business. Book your tickets now, and we look forward to seeing you at these transformative workshops!
Jindabyne, Snowy Mountains NSW – 3 day / 2 night Itinerary
Welcome to Jindabyne, a picturesque town nestled in the heart of the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales, Australia. Known for its stunning natural beauty and endless adventure opportunities, Jindabyne is the perfect destination for a memorable getaway. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or a little bit of both, our 3 day itinerary will help you make the most of your time in this beautiful town. From indulging in ultimate luxury and sustainability to experiencing thrilling activities and mouth-watering cuisine, get ready to create unforgettable memories in Jindabyne.
For those who enjoy outdoor activities, Jindabyne is an adventurer’s playground. The Snowy Mountains offer a range of activities, including skiing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, and horse riding. Whether you are a seasoned adventurer or a beginner looking to try something new, Jindabyne has something for everyone. With such a wide range of activities available, you can spend every day exploring a different corner of this breathtaking region.
But Jindabyne is not just about outdoor adventure. The town itself is a charming place to explore, with its quaint shops, cafes, and restaurants. Take a stroll through the Town Centre and Nuggets Crossing and discover the unique local businesses that make Jindabyne so special. From quaint, quality gift stores and boutique clothing shops to amazing hangouts to kick back and chill, there is something for everyone.
And when it comes to accommodation, Jindabyne has a range of options to suit any traveller’s needs. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious resort or a cosy holiday park, Jindabyne has it all. And with so much to see and do in the area, you’ll want to stay for a while, plus it’s surrounded by picturesque towns such as Berridale, Adaminaby, and Dalgety. With so much to offer in every direction, Jindabyne is a true gem that must be explored.
Jindabyne is a fantastic destination that offers something for everyone. From its stunning natural beauty and endless outdoor activities to its charming town centre and diverse accommodation options. Come and experience the beauty and adventure of Jindabyne for yourself, and see why it deserves to be recognised as a top tourist town.
Arrival: Avonside Alpine Estate is a luxurious and spacious accommodation option that promises to offer guests a unique and sustainable experience in the heart of the Snowy Mountains. Situated on a purpose-built, off-grid farm, this eco-friendly retreat boasts breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and features modern amenities that cater to the needs of guests. From the moment you arrive, you will be struck by the peacefulness and natural beauty of the location, and the warm hospitality of the staff. The accommodation at Avonside Alpine Estate is designed to provide maximum comfort and relaxation to guests. The rooms are spacious and feature a range of modern amenities such as underfloor heating, gas log fireplaces, fully equipped kitchens, and high-speed Wi-Fi. The decor is elegant and sophisticated, with natural materials and earthy tones that blend seamlessly with the natural environment. In addition to providing luxurious accommodation, Avonside Alpine Estate is committed to sustainability and eco-friendliness. The property is powered entirely by renewable energy sources, including solar power and hydroelectricity, and has been designed to minimise its impact on the environment. The accommodation also features an organic vegetable garden, and there are plenty of opportunities to learn about sustainable living during your stay. With its unique combination of luxury and sustainability, Avonside Alpine Estate is the perfect place to stay for those looking to enjoy a comfortable and eco-friendly vacation in the Snowy Mountains.
Breakfast: Start your day on a healthy and delicious note with a gourmet breakfast at Birchwood Cafe. This family-owned cafe is known for its exceptional service and specialises in healthy, gluten-free options made from locally-sourced produce. Indulge in a range of mouth-watering dishes that will leave your taste buds wanting more, including their signature dippy eggs made with freshly boiled eggs with fried zucchini soldiers, Indian kasundi, salted ricotta and hemp seed dukkah. Not only is the food delicious, but the cafe also boasts a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making it the perfect spot to start your day. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the unique culinary experience that Birchwood Cafe has to offer.
Morning Activity: Get your heart racing with an invigorating mountain biking session with Sacred Ride, a leading adventure company in Jindabyne. Join a guided ride through the stunning Hatchery Bay trail, located along the picturesque Lake Jindabyne. As you cycle through the trail, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and the sparkling lake, creating an unforgettable experience. With the expert guidance of Sacred Ride’s experienced instructors, you’ll be able to navigate the twists and turns of the trail with confidence, and discover some of the best mountain biking trails in the area.
Lunch: For a satisfying lunch, head over to the Jindabyne Emporium, a popular eatery and bar located right in the heart of Jindabyne. With its stunning lakeside view off the balcony and relaxed atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to unwind and refuel. The menu at Jindabyne Emporium is filled with mouth-watering options, including their signature Jindy Fried Chicken burger, which is a must-try. You can also relax on the comfortable couch and play board games while enjoying your meal. But that’s not all, Jindabyne Emporium also offers a fantastic selection of Aussie beer, wine, and spirits. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a cold one on a warm day or indulge in a glass of fine wine, you’ll find plenty of options to choose from. Their knowledgeable staff is always on hand to offer recommendations or answer any questions you may have. And with the beautiful lakeside view as your backdrop, you can relax and enjoy your meal in style.
Afternoon Activity: Explore on a hike with Wilderness Sports to the Sawpit Creek Waterfall. This is a beautiful hike located in Kosciuszko National Park. Be ready to be blown away by the rugged beauty and diversity the Snowy Mountains region is renowned for. The hike is rated as moderate and takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, making it a great option for adventurous luxury seekers who enjoy hiking and exploring the outdoors.
Pre-Dinner: Looking for a place to unwind and relax before dinner? Pinot’s Wine Bar is the perfect spot. Located in the heart of Jindabyne, Pinot’s Wine Bar offers a cosy and intimate setting, perfect for catching up with friends or enjoying a romantic night out. The bar has an impressive selection of premium wines, sourced from some of the finest wineries in Australia and beyond. From crisp whites to full-bodied reds, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So if you’re looking to unwind after a big day and a great place to catch up with friends, Pinot’s Wine Bar is definitely your hangout.
Dinner: For a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine, look no further than Cocina Taqueria. This vibrant and welcoming restaurant, located in the heart of Jindabyne, offers a modern twist on traditional Mexican dishes. The menu features a wide range of options, including classic favourites like tacos and burritos, as well as unique specialties like slow-cooked pork belly and grilled octopus. All dishes are made using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and are bursting with flavour. If you’re looking for a fun evening with friends, Cocina Taqueria is the perfect choice. With its delicious food, welcoming atmosphere, and great drinks, it’s easy to see why this restaurant has quickly become a favourite among locals and visitors alike. We are pleased to add Cocina Taqueria to your Jindabyne itinerary where you’ll experience the flavours of Mexico in the heart of the Snowy Mountains.
Early Morning Activity: Start your day off with a truly unforgettable experience by taking a scenic helicopter flight with Snowy Mountains Helicopters or a hot air balloon ride with ReThynk Experience. See the majestic mountains and valleys of Jindabyne from a whole new perspective as you soar through the sky. With Snowy Mountains Helicopters, you can customise your flight to include sights like the famous Snowy Mountains, Lake Jindabyne, and the stunning Kosciuszko National Park. Their experienced pilots will ensure your safety and comfort throughout the journey, making it an experience you’ll never forget. Alternatively, ReThynk Experience offers hot air balloon rides that provide a serene and peaceful way to take in the breathtaking scenery of the region. You’ll feel like you’re floating above the world as you watch the sunrise and marvel at the stunning views below. The knowledgeable pilots will also provide you with interesting facts about the area and its history. Whether you choose a helicopter flight or a hot air balloon ride, you’re sure to be left with incredible memories of your time in Jindabyne.
Breakfast: If you’re in the mood for something refreshing, The Market Jindabyne offers a selection of freshly made organic juices and smoothies. Their full smoothie menu includes a range of delicious options, including the famous smoothie bowls that are bursting with flavour and packed with nutrients. The Market uses only the freshest ingredients, so you can feel good about what you’re putting into your body.
Mid Morning Activity: Spend some time shopping at Nuggets Crossing, a popular shopping destination in Jindabyne. This shopping centre features a wide variety of stores, including clothing boutiques, outdoor gear shops, souvenir shops, and more. Whether you’re looking for a new outfit, outdoor equipment for your next adventure, or a unique souvenir to take home, you’re sure to find something that catches your eye. There’s an amazing selection of Lego at the Jindabyne Pharmacy, some fabulous fashion at Aprés She, all the fishing gear you’ll ever need at High Country Fly Fishing, and a unique selection of giftware at Alpine Ambiance.
Lunch: For a delicious and healthy lunch, head to Seas’n Terrace Cafe, a new modern cafe located in Jindabyne. With a wide range of healthy food options, including vegetarian and gluten-free dishes, Seas’n Terrace Cafe is a great choice for health-conscious diners. Plus, their commitment to using locally-sourced ingredients ensures that everything on the menu is fresh and flavourful. But that’s not all – Seas’n Terrace Cafe also serves ONA coffee, one of the most highly-regarded specialty coffee roasters in Australia. ONA coffee is known for its complex and nuanced flavour profiles, and Seas’n Terrace Cafe’s baristas are skilled at preparing it to perfection. Whether you prefer a classic flat white or a more adventurous pour-over, ONA coffee is sure to please even the most discerning coffee lover. So, whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy lunch or a relaxing spot to enjoy a cup of specialty coffee, Seas’n Terrace Cafe is definitely worth a visit. With its bright and modern interior and friendly staff, it’s the perfect place to refuel and recharge before heading off to your next adventure in Jindabyne.
Dinner: Head to the Jindabyne Bowling and Sports Club for a fun-filled evening in Jindabyne. With its classic pub fare, the restaurant offers a range of dining options to suit every taste. Additionally, the club offers various kinds of entertainment to keep you occupied. You can put your knowledge to the test on trivia night, try your luck at poker, or simply unwind while enjoying live music from talented local and visiting artists. The club’s sports bar provides a relaxed atmosphere to catch up on the latest sports games, with a selection of cold beers, wine and cocktails to enjoy.
Early Activity: Kickstart your day with a revitalising yoga class at Jindabyne Yoga Shala, situated in the heart of Jindabyne. Jindabyne Yoga Shala is a tranquil space that exudes a calming ambiance. With a variety of classes suitable for all levels, from beginner to advanced, taught by expert instructors, you can discover a sense of harmony between your mind and body through a sequence of postures and breathing exercises. Jindabyne Yoga Shala offers a serene and inviting atmosphere, featuring wooden floors, high ceilings, and natural light, which sets the ideal mood for your yoga practice. The small class sizes provide individual attention from the instructors, ensuring that each student receives a personalised experience.
Breakfast: Dudley’s Cafe is a great option for breakfast at Nuggets Crossing. Located in the heart of Jindabyne, this cosy cafe is popular for its delicious food and friendly service. Whether you are in the mood for a hearty breakfast, a light and healthy meal, or something sweet to start your day, you are sure to find something that you will love at Dudley’s Cafe. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, with a rustic decor that gives it a cosy and relaxed feel. The cafe is popular with both locals and tourists, and the friendly staff are always happy to offer recommendations and help you find the perfect breakfast to start your day. With its delicious food, great coffee, and friendly service, Dudley’s Cafe is definitely worth a visit if you are looking for a great breakfast spot in Jindabyne.
Morning Activity: If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging morning activity, head over to Jindabyne Escape Rooms. This interactive and immersive experience is a fun way to test your problem-solving skills and challenge yourself in a group setting. The escape rooms are designed to be both entertaining and thought-provoking, with puzzles and clues that require teamwork and creativity to solve. At Jindabyne Escape Rooms, you’ll have a choice of different themed rooms, each with its own unique storyline and set of puzzles to solve. You and your group will have a set amount of time to work together to solve the clues and escape the room. The experience is designed to be both mentally stimulating and physically engaging, as you search for hidden clues and work to solve puzzles before time runs out. Jindabyne Escape Rooms is a great activity for groups of friends, families, or co-workers, and is suitable for all ages and skill levels. Whether you’re a seasoned escape room pro or a first-timer, you’re sure to have a blast at Jindabyne Escape Rooms. So start your morning off with a fun and challenging activity that will leave you feeling energised and ready for the rest of the day?
Lunch and Activity: A visit to Wildbrumby Distillery on the Alpine Way in Jindabyne offers a unique and enjoyable experience. Upon arrival, visitors are greeted by a picturesque landscape of the Snowy Mountains and the distillery’s beautiful gardens. You will then have the opportunity to take a guided tour of the distillery to learn about the history and process of making award-winning schnapps and gin. You can indulge in a tasting of the various schnapps and gin produced by Wildbrumby, including popular flavours such as peach, pear, and raspberry. The Distillery also offers a range of cocktails and mocktails, all made with their house-made spirits. Visitors can relax and enjoy their drinks while taking in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and gardens. For those interested in bringing home a souvenir or gift, the Wildbrumby Distillery offers a gift shop with a variety of locally-made products, including spirits, preserves, and handmade arts and crafts. Overall, a visit to Wildbrumby Distillery offers a unique and enjoyable experience that combines education, relaxation, and the opportunity to taste award-winning schnapps and gin in a beautiful setting. This unique property also features a sculpture garden. As you wander through the property, you’ll have the opportunity to appreciate the stunning natural surroundings and discover unique sculptures.
Afternoon Activity: Before departing Jindabyne this afternoon, look in on the Meadow Store, a one-of-a-kind clothing shop that features a unique collection of sustainable items. Located in Leesville, Jindabyne, the store is owned and operated by the delightful Samantha Denford. With a passion for fashion and sustainability, Samantha curates a collection of stylish and environmentally conscious clothing that is sure to impress. Discover the perfect piece to add to your sustainable wardrobe, or pick up a special piece of jewellery to remember your Jindabyne getaway. With its friendly service and carefully curated collection, the Meadow Store is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in sustainable fashion
Departure: When departing take in the spectacular lake views, which are famously jaw-dropping upon arriving and departing ‘Jindy’. You can explore Berridale village to the east, picturesque Tumut to the west, charming Adaminaby to the north, and the historic towns of Dalgety and Bombala to the south. Each direction offers unique experiences, from scenic drives and hikes through alpine landscapes to exploring historic towns and visiting underground caves filled with stunning limestone formations.
- North-east is the Village of Berridale, a popular and convenient stopping-off point for winter sports enthusiasts on their way to and from the snowfields of Thredbo and Perisher Valley. Drive the poplar-lined road from Jindabyne and sample the products of the Shut the Gate Winery, art and photo galleries and specialty shops.
- If you head east from Jindabyne, you’ll find yourself in the historic town of Dalgety, located on the banks of the Snowy River, where you’ll find the relaxed grounds and lush location of the Snowy River Holiday Park. Enjoy the Historic Town and River Walk and view its heritage buildings and idyllic country setting. Enjoy the Historic Town and River Walk and view its heritage buildings and idyllic country setting.
- Other attractions in the south-east direction include the charming town of Bombala, with its historic buildings and scenic walks, and the stunning Delegate River, where you can go fishing, kayaking, or simply enjoy a picnic by the water.
- If you head west from Jindabyne, visit the Gaden Trout Hatchery on the banks of the Thredbo River. Then you’ll soon find yourself in the picturesque Kosciuszko National Park, which boasts Australia’s highest peak, Mount Kosciuszko at 2228m. You can take a scenic drive or hike through the park, stopping to admire the stunning views of the surrounding alpine landscapes.
- You can take a scenic drive or hike through the park, stopping to admire the stunning views of the surrounding alpine landscapes. Other attractions in the area include the Thredbo Alpine Village, with its ski slopes, hiking trails, and mountain biking. Further up the mountain In Perisher Valley, Corroboree Lodge and Kooloora Lodge are also favourites for adventure based activities while staying in style.
- To the north-west, find yourself in the picturesque town of Tumut, located on the banks of the Tumut River. Here you can explore the Tumut River Walk, a scenic trail that winds through the town and along the river, or visit the historic Tumut Railway Station. Other attractions in the area include the picturesque Blowering Dam, which offers great fishing, boating, and kayaking opportunities.
- If you head north from Jindabyne, you’ll soon find yourself in the charming town of Adaminaby, known for its trout fishing and horse riding opportunities. Here you can visit the Big Trout, a giant sculpture of a trout that stands at the entrance to the town, or explore the Yarrangobilly Caves, a network of underground caves filled with stunning limestone formations. Other attractions in the area include the scenic Selwyn Snowfields, which offer great skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing opportunities during the winter months and the Snowy Scheme Museum.
- If you’re driving home via Cooma, you’ll find the Snowy Hydro Discovery Centre, Raglan Art Gallery and Cultural Centre, Cooma Cottage, Mount Gladstone Lookout, Cooma Car Club, Cooma Visitors Centre, and Centennial Park. Visitors can learn about the history and technology of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme, explore regional arts, tour historic Cooma Cottage, and enjoy scenic views from Mount Gladstone Lookout.
- The Cooma Car Club Motor Museum is now open to the public every Tuesday from 9am to 1pm, and the 1st Saturday of the month from 10am to 3pm.The Cooma Visitors Centre offers information on local attractions, events, and tours, and Centennial Park is a great spot for picnics and family outings.
- Heading out of Jindabyne via Ingebirah, you’ll find the Snowy Wilderness retreat, a true Australian outback adventure. Bordering the Kosciuszko National Park and Snowy River, Snowy Wilderness is a sanctuary for Australia’s wild brumby and offers 7,500 spectacular acres bursting with experiences for you to discover. Run free with the brumbies, ride horseback through the rugged mountain terrain, explore the wilderness by four wheel drive, camp under the stars or sit back and relax in luxury accommodation – the resort offers something for everyone. Dawn and dusk are spectacular and this is when nature comes into its own.
- 24/7 online access – the program is conveniently offered online through TAFE Digital and includes online topics that can be mixed and matched to build a program that is completely personalised to the participant’s specific needs. New topics that cover the latest trends in Australian business are regularly being added.
- Hear from Australia’s leading female entrepreneurs.
- Share new skills – participants will earn a digital badge upon completion of each online topic which they can add to their LinkedIn profile to promote their new skills.
- Attend local events.
- Business Concierge: A free and dedicated service offered through Service NSW to help open the business.
- Business Connect: A dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help start or grow a small business.
- Aboriginal Enterprise Development Officer (AEDO) Program: Providing start-up assistance and ongoing mentoring services for Aboriginal people considering starting up their own business or expanding their current business.
- The NSW Department of Communities and Justice: Promotes and recognises the contribution of women across NSW to industry through initiatives including the NSW Women’s Strategy.
Who Can Apply?
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Identify as female.
- Be establishing or owning a business:
- With a valid ABN.
- Registered or trading in NSW.
- With 0-199 employees.
- Living or working in NSW.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand Citizen.
Be a part of something big!
Snowy Mountains is funding a major marketing and media campaign to promote awareness of the incredible landscape, culture and tourism opportunities that abound in the Snowy Mountains. This partner program which piggy-backs on the main destination campaign will drive significant awareness momentum for operators to benefit from, providing them with an opportunity to add their voice to a powerful, targeted and consolidated campaign.
- Operators Overview – Master TSM Campaign and Operator Bespoke opportunity
- Snowy Mountains Partnership Program Prospectus
- Briefing form to be filled if you are keen to participate
This month the Jindabyne Chamber were invited to attend Eden-Monaro Business Forum to discuss the Jobs & Skills Summit |(5.30pm, Monday, 15 Aug 22) by Kristy McBain MP.
Dear Jindabyne Chamber,
I would like to make sure that the views and ideas of Eden-Monaro workers and employers, businesses and unions contribute to build a bigger, better-trained, and more productive workforce; boost incomes and living standards; and create more opportunities for more Australians to get ahead and to reach their aspirations.
The Jobs and Skills Summit will focus on:
- keeping unemployment low, boosting productivity and incomes
- delivering secure, well-paid jobs and strong, sustainable wages growth
- expanding employment opportunities for all Australians including the most disadvantaged
- addressing skills shortages and getting our skills mix right over the long term
- improving migration settings to support higher productivity and wages
- maximising jobs and opportunities from renewable energy, tackling climate change, the digital economy, the care economy, and a Future Made in Australia
- ensuring women have equal opportunities and equal pay.
This Eden-Monaro Business Forum will be at 5.30pm on Monday, 15 August 2022. I would very much like to hear from you so I can better represent Eden-Monaro views at the Summit.
Following the Summit an Employment White Paper will be produced recommending immediate actions and opportunities for medium and long-term reforms. Submissions concerning the White Paper will open later in 2022.
Dear Eden-Monaro Jobs and Skills Advisory Group
Thank you for your attendance at the Eden-Monaro Jobs and Skills Zoom sessions this week. It was wonderful to meet with you all and hear your first-hand experiences and proposed solutions to the challenges you are facing in the regions.
I have compiled your input into a one-page submission which forms the Eden-Monaro perspective at the federal Jobs and Skills Summit in September.
If you would like to add to the submission, or if you have any feedback, please respond to this email before Thursday 25 August 2022. Eden-Monaro Electorate Submission DRAFT
The Hon Kristy McBain MP
Member for Eden-Monaro
The Business Community Resilience (BCR) Toolkit is a FREE online program to help businesses prepare for future disasters and disruptions. Delivered through 26 learning modules, the program empowers businesses in New South Wales to prepare, connect and build resilience.
This is a Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund project through the joint Commonwealth/State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements and will be available until 30th September 2022 for any operating entity in eligible LGAs.
It’s not too late for business owners and operators to join the program and complete all the previously released modules.
Find out more and register at https://toolkit.corporate2community.com/
Capital Radio has prepared a special set of Advertising Packages for Jindabyne Chamber Members.
25 x 30 second BMAD commercials per month for single station (SNOWFM or XLFM)
Single Station Total Investment: $420 +GST per month
40 x 30 second BMAD commercials per month for dual station (SNOWFM & XLFM)
Dual Station Total Investment: $630 +GST per month
One Day Sale Promotion 06/09/22 – 97.7 SnowFM and/or Forever Classic XLFM
50 x 30 second BMAD commercials scheduled in breakfast, morning, afternoon, and drive each month with a 3 month commitment over September, October and November.
BMAD Commercials, are the peak listening times on 97.7 SnowFM and/or Forever Classic XLFM.
Multiple coverage, 25 x 30 seconds on 97.7 SnowFM and 25 x 30 seconds on Forever Classic XLFM.
or Single coverage, on preferred station to target specific audiences or listeners or demographics.
An extra bonus: Businesses who purchase all three months on the 6th of September will go into the draw to win an additional 150 x 30 second BMAD commercials to use by 28/3/2023!
Tailored ads specific to your business with jingles and catchphrases to catch the attention of listeners and promote your business.
Total investment: $690 plus GST per month
As the Assistant General Manager, Hannah takes care of Jindabyne based businesses and businesses outside of our region who advertise within our market. She believes radio advertising is a valuable marketing tool for your clients to use to increase customer base as their target audience tune into radio every day at some point in the day i.e., during commuting. Hannah has attached a statistic infographic for your reference.
If you have any advertising needs, please don’t hesitate in contacting her to discuss the special advertising opportunities and marketing options for Jindabyne Chamber members, here in the Snowy Mountains.
The Jindabyne Chamber of Commerce are looking for a group of Fun, Organised and Creative Volunteers to help us prepare for a Magical Event we are planning for May next year.
The Jindabyne Snow Ball will be filled with Wintery Wonder, Elegance and Style. With Live Music & Dancing, Local Drinks and a Special 3 Course Dinner, it’s our wish this night be a Well Deserved Celebration to Launch the 2023 Snow Season and be a Night to Remember.
The Jindabyne Chamber hopes to see the Jindabyne Snow Ball become an Annual Event, so let’s do all we can to make this Wonderful Evening a Big Success.
Please Email or Message if you’re interested in becoming involved, we will be starting our preparations after the end of this Snow Season.
The Jindabyne Chamber of Commerce held its AGM on the 24th November 2020 at Rydges in Jindabyne. The office bearers were all re-elected unopposed. The President reviewed the year and remarked on the business community’s resilience that was demonstrate this most challenging year of 2020.
Over the course of this year, the Chamber has been actively delivering to membership and community alike. We have hosted both Federal and State politicians, most recently the new Member for Eden Monaro, Kristy McBain. Kristy McBain came to Jindabyne on an invitation that was extended to all candidates of the federal election during a Zoom ‘Meet your candidate’ evening organised by the Chamber. This year has certainly seen all of the Chamber executives become very familiar with this new type of communication.
The Chamber met with the Business Council of Australia directly after the bushfires and was able to distribute vouchers allocated to us. These vouchers helped Chamber members to seek professional assistance in the aftermath of the bush fires.
During the course of the year the Chamber applied for and was awarded a number of small grants from both council and state government to help deliver important new skills via face to face workshops and more zoom sessions. These successful grants were made possible by the dedicated work of the committee with a special mention of Fiona Latham-Cannon, Secretary and Matthew Bell, Treasurer.
Fulfilling a leadership role with the community has been key for this past year and was demonstrated via working with regional stakeholders and providing auspice for a large grant for the ‘Sustainable Snowies Initiative’. The chamber was also able to make contributions to the John McLoughlin Christmas Lights by having him give a special talk of resilience during the AGM. Extending the leadership as a member of the advisory community Group for the ever so important strategic project. With the help of Rukshan De Silva (Former Lead Senior Planner for SAP) the chamber was able to deliver two business specific meetings with the department of Planning for local business.
If the year was not already busy for the committee, long standing member Gordon Jenkinson has been the Chamber representative on the organising committee for the Trout Challenge 2020. Through Gordon’s dedicated volunteering he has helped the event to raise some $34,000 in prize money. Fiona Latham-Cannon, our secretary ‘extraordinar’, has also provided many hours of marketing and administration support.
Shortly after the AGM the Chamber hosted a guest speaker, Joan Bird, who shared with us the new code of conduct for short term rental accommodation as introduced by the department of Fair Trading. An eventful night was rounded off with the Business Connect evening. These evenings are designed to be informative and allow businesses, both new and old to network in a relaxed atmosphere. The Chamber would like to acknowledge the ongoing support offered by Rydges, Jindabyne.
Re-elected for another year:
Olivier Kapetanakos as President
Bruce Easton as Vice President
Fiona Latham-Cannon as Secretary and Marketing.
Matthew Bell as Treasurer
The chamber is a voluntary organisation exercising a policy of diversity and inclusion and would welcome new committee members to help deliver programs for the benefit of all members.
The next business Connect of on the 17th December 2020
Enquiries to join the Chamber can be made by contacting Olivier on 0400 868 683.