This program aims to offer a fully subsidised online program for women who are looking to establish a micro business, a small business, or who are already operating a business. It forms part of the $7.8 million NSW Women’s Strategy 2018-22.
The flexible design of the program means that participants can choose exactly what they want to learn. Benefits include:
- 24/7 online access – the program is conveniently offered online through TAFE Digital and includes online topics that can be mixed and matched to build a program that is completely personalised to the participant’s specific needs. New topics that cover the latest trends in Australian business are regularly being added.
- Hear from Australia’s leading female entrepreneurs.
- Share new skills – participants will earn a digital badge upon completion of each online topic which they can add to their LinkedIn profile to promote their new skills.
- Attend local events.
Training topics cover everything from setting up a home office, to creating a business plan, keeping the business cyber-safe, and leveraging social media. Topics currently on offer are:
The program will also connect participants with the many resources and services available to small business owners. These include:
- Business Concierge: A free and dedicated service offered through Service NSW to help open the business.
- Business Connect: A dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help start or grow a small business.
- Aboriginal Enterprise Development Officer (AEDO) Program: Providing start-up assistance and ongoing mentoring services for Aboriginal people considering starting up their own business or expanding their current business.
- The NSW Department of Communities and Justice: Promotes and recognises the contribution of women across NSW to industry through initiatives including the NSW Women’s Strategy.
The program is fully subsidised by the NSW Government. Participants who meet the eligibility criteria won’t pay anything to access the program. No requirement to provide donor workout copy. There may be fees associated with some optional events promoted through the Women in Business program. All costs will be outlined in the overview of each event.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Identify as female.
- Be establishing or owning a business:
- With a valid ABN.
- Registered or trading in NSW.
- With 0-199 employees.
- Living or working in NSW.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand Citizen.
Be a part of something big!
Snowy Mountains is funding a major marketing and media campaign to promote awareness of the incredible landscape, culture and tourism opportunities that abound in the Snowy Mountains. This partner program which piggy-backs on the main destination campaign will drive significant awareness momentum for operators to benefit from, providing them with an opportunity to add their voice to a powerful, targeted and consolidated campaign.
- Operators Overview – Master TSM Campaign and Operator Bespoke opportunity
- Snowy Mountains Partnership Program Prospectus
- Briefing form to be filled if you are keen to participate